Let¡¯s talk about your opinion on sci-hub

ducnguyen102 Post time 2023-10-27 18:21:36 | Show all posts
Not relating to Sci-hub. I can see that many of us have not adopted after being helped by others. Just take your time press the "Adopt" button so that the supporters can obtained what they deserve.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Donate Report

gauravt Post time 2023-10-28 23:20:50 | Show all posts
I am a big fan of Sci-hub

My Idea of an Academic Blockchain System

The life of a researcher is very tough and these paywalls make life hell. I wonder why there can't be a system that is Blockchain-based in which if the minimum number of reviewers approve a manuscript then it can be marked as published and authentic research work. This way we can break the monopoly of these journals and develop a journal that is maintained by the academic community only.

Use magic Donate Report

promfran99 Post time 2023-10-29 12:18:15 | Show all posts
1. It's really good! It makes science advance in the scence that knowledge spreads faster than it would with the current scientific magazines (wich in my opinon capitalize knowledge).

2. My current thesis is based on information that was only avaliable through sci hub... I think that speaks for itself

3. Try to get mass media attention and use it to get out the current legal state it's in

4. Start searching for forums and groups like Science hub mutual aid while crying and carrying a huge dissapointment for "science institutions" in my hearth

5. I hope it gets updated soon ):

Use magic Donate Report

Itsyahboijerome Post time 2023-10-29 12:26:03 | Show all posts
1. It's really great, my and my batchmates hate the capitalism surrounding science education, those big companies gatekeep our future and we should fight back this is the best way.

2. Extremely helpful, thank you to everyone who is behind this, you guys are a Godsend keep up the good work

3. Well everything needs funding for huge feet but this is perfect at the time, find methods to increase revenue because everyone needs a coffee.

4. IDK sail the seas of the internet, and probably get some viruses.

5. Is it ok if I donate after a while?  I'm a broke college student but I don't forget 4 years of your amazing work, I'll make sure to donate once I'm earning something.

Thank you for everyone behind this project you guys rock!
Nerds 4ever!!!

Use magic Donate Report

zimu Post time 2023-10-31 15:03:38 | Show all posts
90% of the papers I downloaded are from scihub.

Use magic Donate Report

yanjun Post time 2023-11-1 11:46:36 | Show all posts
1. For the scientific community, is the emergence of sci-hub good or bad?
In my opinion, sci-hub was designed to assist researchers who are not from top-tier universities. Such an institute often provides limited access to only high-profile journals. While reading high-impact work is a joy, I also need trace down some details that are published in relatively low-impact journals. That is where sci-hub can really be helpful.

2. For you, has the emergence of sci-hub really helped you?
Yes it has.

3. What is sci-hub¡¯s next plan? Do you have any good suggestions?
Not yet. I think if sci-hub can keep doing what it has been doing, that will be great.

4. Suppose sci-hub really stops working one day, what will you do?
Hopefully by that time, open access is the new standard for science community.

5. Any questions you want to ask or anything you want to say
Thanks for providing me the access to the resources that otherwise I cannot reach.

Use magic Donate Report

Getaawu Post time 2023-11-3 11:13:42 | Show all posts
1. It gives academic freedom for the scientific community.

2. It gives me relief

3. sci-hub is one means for helping scientific community

4. A lot of researchers will be idle if sci-hub really stops working one day.

5. Would Sci-hub please increase the daily bonus up to 100 ponts?

Use magic Donate Report

dhouha_ben_saad Post time 2023-11-4 22:51:11 | Show all posts
1-This is highly beneficial as it enables me to conduct research without the need to spend substantial sums of money, which may not necessarily directly benefit researchers.

2-Sci-Hub has been an indispensable part of my academic journey, both during my undergraduate and postgraduate studies. I would have faced significant challenges without it, as I lack the financial means to access the numerous papers I've read. Additionally, not all the articles I read end up being used in my research, so paying for each of them would be a wasteful expense.

3-Sci-Hub should explore the possibility of aggregating the papers shared in wosonhj and making them accessible on their website.

4-Expressing a sense of frustration.

5-I strongly recommend that Sci-Hub consider collecting and providing access to the papers from wosonhj on their platform. This would greatly benefit the research community by streamlining access to recent papers. It's worth noting that individuals are already verifying the accuracy of the uploaded/shared articles using the "adopt" feature.

Thank you for taking the time to read my feedback. I hope that the idea I mentioned in point is given thoughtful consideration! :)

Use magic Donate Report

masakac Post time 2023-11-6 17:02:21 | Show all posts
Conditio sine qua non for scientific work!!!

Use magic Donate Report

dieund Post time 2023-11-9 15:09:17 | Show all posts
1. sci-hub is good, that is a dream.

2. sci-hub has help me a lot in research

3. no ideas

4. Although very sad, I will look elsewhere.

5. It would be great if you could update new articles

Use magic Donate Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Questions

Latest Reply

Return to the list