Let’s talk about your opinion on sci-hub

jallen19 Post time 2024-4-4 15:01:18 | Show all posts
1. From a student standpoint, the emergence of Sci-Hub represents a mixed bag of opportunities and challenges within the scientific community. On one hand, Sci-Hub has been a game-changer, offering students like myself unprecedented access to scholarly articles that we might not otherwise have been able to afford or access due to subscription barriers. This democratization of knowledge aligns perfectly with the ethos of learning and exploration. However, it also raises ethical questions regarding copyright infringement and the sustainability of academic publishing, issues that we must grapple with as responsible users of information.

2. Personally, as a student, Sci-Hub has been a lifeline. Many of us are not part of institutions with robust subscription access, which makes expanding our research incredibly challenging. Sci-Hub has bridged that gap, allowing us to access the articles necessary for our coursework, projects, and research endeavors. Without it, many of us would find our academic pursuits significantly hindered by paywalls and restricted access.

3. Looking ahead, it's essential for Sci-Hub to engage with students, academics, and publishers to find sustainable solutions that balance accessibility with the financial viability of academic publishing. One suggestion might be exploring alternative funding models for open access publishing, ensuring that researchers are fairly compensated while also guaranteeing free access to scholarly literature for students and researchers worldwide.

If Sci-Hub were to cease operations suddenly, it would undoubtedly pose significant challenges for students like myself. Many of us rely heavily on Sci-Hub for access to essential research articles that are not readily available through our institutions. In such a scenario, we would be forced to navigate through the maze of subscription barriers or seek alternative means of access, which could significantly impede our academic progress and research pursuits.

4. As a student, I'm eager to engage in conversations surrounding the role of platforms like Sci-Hub in the academic ecosystem. While acknowledging the complexities and ethical considerations involved, it's crucial to prioritize the accessibility of knowledge for students and researchers worldwide. I'm curious to hear perspectives from fellow students, academics, and publishers on how we can collectively address the challenges of restricted access to scholarly literature and work towards a more equitable and sustainable future for academic publishing.

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Donate Report

mizou Post time 2024-4-5 00:57:01 | Show all posts

1. I think it's good because papers are more widely distributed but it's bad for the publishing houses because they lose out on the high fees charged.
2. Yes it has helped me enormously, especially with hard to get papers and books.

3. Maybe do a merge with libgen?

4. I will go back to using google scholar.

5. Yes I'm wondering why you got rid of the search feature. Also, it has been a little hard to get books lately. I know those are more difficult though

Use magic Donate Report

Aziz0346 Post time 2024-4-8 13:27:26 | Show all posts
dread36 replied at 2023-10-2 13:37
Nexus is existing for years providing access to more papers than Sci-Hub. Cry that people just ...

Sir nexus_bot on telegram is down due to copyright infringement. Is there any alternative bot or link?

Use magic Donate Report

septicemia Post time 2024-4-12 04:46:11 | Show all posts
Beyond answer threads attaching papers and doing  check in , how could earn points? I looked for this information but I didn't  find it. Could you help?

Some years ao we had in the web a forum Abcdfree that was fantastic too!! Scientific society held one each other

Use magic Donate Report

o0fh0o Post time 2024-4-12 10:05:16 | Show all posts
How to earn points on this site?

Use magic Donate Report

yang123bo Post time 2024-4-12 14:35:04 | Show all posts

这是天赐之物。唯一的批评是:近年来,它对于新论文不再那么有效了。

Use magic Donate Report

marianoo Post time 2024-4-12 22:22:38 | Show all posts
1. For the scientific community, is the emergence of sci-hub good or bad?

very good

2. For you, has the emergence of sci-hub really helped you?

absolutely

3. What is sci-hub’s next plan? Do you have any good suggestions?

no

4. Suppose sci-hub really stops working one day, what will you do?

stop reading

5. Any questions you want to ask or anything you want to say

no

Use magic Donate Report

sadmansakib00 Post time 2024-4-13 22:03:01 | Show all posts
1. For the scientific community, of course the emergence of sci-hub is good because none of the authors benefits financially from the papers.
2. Yes, because I'm a student who can't afford scientific articles.
3. From my point of view, sci-hub should focus on uploading the latest articles, although "wosonhj" is efficient, and i think sci-hub should add a book section.
4. If sci-hub stops working, it would become miserable for me personally and other people.
5. It really satisfying to see a community helps each other for the sake of passion.

Use magic Donate Report

Vialontis Post time 2024-4-17 15:14:06 | Show all posts
1.It has broken down barriers to learning, and it moves science away from some esoteric ivory tower. Truly a step towards democratizing knowledge.

2. Yes, as a researcher who isn't attached to a university, I wouldn't be able to function without many of the resources provided by Sci-hub

3. Add more redundancy to make sure it remains available for the next decades

4. Mourn. Try to build a new mutual-aid community from the ashes.

5. Keep up the great work! You are seen and appreciated.

Use magic Donate Report

Wedsnow Post time 2024-4-17 16:55:07 | Show all posts
First I have a question how do we do when people on sci hub mutual aid steal 500 + 500 points by answering be documents but we're out of delay to report it ? because it's happen to me and i didn't see back my point. So it doesn't incitate to put post with big rewards when the book is realy rare !
It's very difficulte to accumulate those point the get important books :'(
I report the message by the personn so it was delete but i didn't get my points back...

Now the question !
1. The emergence of sci hub is really helpful. Maybe there is studies on this points btw It could be interesting.

2. For me the emergence of sci-hub definitely helped me. Without it I couln'd access to greats informations or books for my work as a clinical student. so it also help me professionaly  

3. What is sci-hub’s next plan? Do you have any good suggestions?
To put evereydocs validate on sci hub mutual aid on sci hub :)

4. Suppose sci-hub really stops working one day, what will you do?
Crying and looking for other siteweb like it. But i'm sure that people will fix sci hub if it's not working anymore. because lot of people are depending of it

5. Any questions you want to ask or anything you want to say
Thanks you for this common interest site web it could be a public service as it is so important.

Use magic Donate Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Questions

Latest Reply

Return to the list